The E-News is sent out twice a month. Read the latest issue
Voluntary Action Leeds (VAL) is the Council for Voluntary Service in Leeds. We provide direct support services and specialist advice to third sector organisations across Leeds, helping them to carry out their work and ensuring they are well represented in partnership work.
VAL is based at Stringer House (pictured above) in Hunslet, Leeds. See the find VAL page for a map and directions.
Advice and support with commissioning is available through the Supporting Links to Commissioning project, managed by Voluntary Action Leeds. Helping organisations to be more aware of the commissioning agenda and procurement issues.
Supporting Links to Commissioning (SLtC) understand how commissioning works in Leeds and can support you to understand how Leeds City Council approaches commissioning, how the Third Sector approaches it and what structures there are in place for you to become involved.
The commissioning agenda is a factor driving third sector organisations to be better organised and managed. A lot of this is about organisational health, that is, having requires having good systems in place.
Commissioning is increasingly tending to focus on larger contracts and smaller numbers of them. Collaborating can enable groups to compete for contracts that they might be unlikely to win by themselves. SLtC can also advise you on collaboration and consortium building and helps organisations to be more aware of the commissioning agenda and procurement issues.
Help with commissioning
If you are looking for support and advice on commissioning in Leeds get in touch.
If you have any questions about commissioning contact Richard Norton, Supporting Links to Commissioning Manager on 0113 297 7920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow @sltcleeds to keep up to date with key commissioning developments and opportunities in Leeds
Managed by Voluntary Action Leeds, Healthy Lives Leeds is a network that works to ensure third sector organisations are engaged and informed about local and national developments in relation to health and well-being.
This is done through:
- Engagement in key discussions | quarterly meetings which give the third sector the opportunity to be engaged and involved in the sort of strategic decisions which effect service provision and service users.
- Strategic representation | representing third sector views on the Health and Well-Being Board and other partnership boards.
- Information | regular up-dates, with information about what’s happening in health and well-being.
- Partnership | collaboration with partners in the statutory and third sector.
Managed by Voluntary Action Leeds, the PSI Network (Physical and Sensory Impairment Network - Leeds) is a network for disability issues in Leeds.
PSI Network works with its members to share information and represent the interests and concerns of disabled people. PSI Network circulates information through a monthly newsletter and this website. The Network has over 50 member organisations with a combined membership of well over 4,000 individuals.
The objectives of the PSI Network are:
- To promote the social model of disability, and the inclusion, independence and equality of disabled people within service provision. In particular to increase the involvement of disabled people in organisations and management of those organisations that serve them.
- To develop a network of community and voluntary sector groups of disabled people with physical and sensory impairments, and of groups/organisations providing services for disabled people.
- To co-ordinate Third Sector involvement in physical and sensory impairment issues throughout Leeds.
- To provide and disseminate relevant information to groups of disabled people.
If you have any queries or would like more information about the PSI Network please contact Ann Crossland on 0113 297 7920 or email email@example.com
Voluntary Action Leeds offers support to voluntary groups in Leeds, this support is available free to small groups in Leeds with an annual income of less than £100,000.
VAL's Small Groups Development Worker, Kathy Faulks, helps voluntary and community organisations to:
- Write and adopt appropriate constitutions
- Find out about company and charity registration
- Know what charity law applies to them
- Find the right training
- Manage their organisation
- Fundraise successfully
- Find out about policies and procedures
Get in touch
Contact Kathy by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 297 7920.
Third Sector Leeds (TSL) is an alliance that represents the Third Sector in Leeds - it is not an organisation that holds funds or employs staff in its own right.
How does TSL work?
The work of TSL is directed the TSL Leadership Group, supported by TSL officers, representatives, working groups and input from staff at Voluntary Action Leeds (VAL).
TSL’s work is supported financially by Leeds City Council through its core grant to VAL, part of which pays for staff time at VAL that supports the delivery of TSL.
Voluntary Action Leeds manages Volunteer Centre Leeds. The Volunteer Centre helps individuals to find suitable volunteering opportunities and provides advice and support to organisations to set up and manage a volunteering programme and to find suitable volunteers.
To help organisations Voluntary Action Leeds provide advice on best practice when recruiting and using volunteers. VAL also facilitate the Leeds Volunteer Managers' Network a support network for Volunteer Managers.
Volunteer Centre Leeds is managed and co-ordinated by Voluntary Action Leeds and accredited by Volunteering England.
For more information contact email@example.com or call 0113 395 0405.
VT Services is provided by VA-L Trading, the trading arm of Voluntary Action Leeds. By choosing VT Services you will directly help third sector organisations that do great work in the region.
All profits generated by VT Services are gifted to Voluntary Action Leeds.
It’s a relationship that works and has been working for over 20 years. The VT Services team provides a highly professional, reliable service offering assistance, guidance and support to meet your needs.
VT Services can help you with Payroll, Events and Project management - helping to ease your pain!
VT Services is provided by VA-L Trading Ltd. A Limited Company Registered in England and Wales No. 2709342
Young Lives Leeds supports the Third Sector to improve the lives of children, young people and families in Leeds, by giving organisations the voice, information and advice they need to build better services.
Young Lives Leeds offers access to opportunities for third sector organisations for their voice to be heard, to help shape policy and keep up to date with key developments within children’s services across the city.
It has contact with over 500 subscribers who provide services for children, young people and their families in Leeds.
Young Lives Leeds offers access to:
- Support and development opportunities for your organisation
- Opportunities to be involved in discussion and planning at a strategic level
- Events and workshops
- Information through newsletters and bulletins