Spring clean your insurance

It's that time of year. Kathy Faulks takes a look at insurance and you could win £10 for a registered charity of your choice!

broken piggy bank

Win £10 for your charity from Kathy!

When did you last check that your organisation's insurance is in order and up to date in respect of all your amazing activities? Now before I start, here is a question for you. The first person (who has never attended my course on insurance!) who answers this question correctly using the Comments section below will get a cheque from me to a registered charity of your choice for not one but ten pounds!

The question: 

There are three types of insurance that are required by law:

  1. Employer Liability
  2. Vehicle insurance
  3. ...and the third is?

Let me know your answer in the Comments section below.

Guidance from the Charity Commission

The Charity Commission provides excellent guidance on Charities and Insurance. This guidance looks at:

  • Compulsory insurance
  • Insurance for volunteers
  • Risk assessment
  • Insurance cover for charities that own or occupy land or buildings
  • Contents insurance
  • Public liability insurance

The guidance also looks at other types of insurance of a more specialist nature:

  • Events
  • Fidelity
  • Legal expenses
  • Legal advice helplines
  • Professional indemnity
  • Staff sickness
  • Terrorism and political violence
  • Trustee indemnity insurance

And finally...

Did you know that any fundraising event involving aviation exposure from hot air ballooning, aircraft or events held at an airport needs aviation liability insurance?

Comments (4)

  1. kathy.faulks:
    Apr 23, 2014 at 01:16 PM

    You would think so wouldn't you?

  2. Laura McFarlane-Shopes:
    Apr 23, 2014 at 02:59 PM

    Oh no! I probably can't keep guessing until I get it right to win the £10 donation, eh?!

  3. Jane Robinson:
    Apr 25, 2014 at 08:46 AM

    Charity trustee insurance?

Add a Comment

Allowed tags: <b><i><br>