Kathy Faulks, Support Worker (Group Development) at Voluntary Action Leeds discusses an exciting new choice for the voluntary sector in Leeds.
Have you had a look at the Find a provider section of the Doing Good Leeds website yet?
Here is the link http://doinggoodleeds.org.uk/find-a-provider
Charities and voluntary and community organisations in Leeds now have a choice about who they will pay to assist them in their work. This is called the Business Support Programme.
The concept of choice is fundamental to this programme which provides a list of providers and the customer decides who to choose. As a matter of interest support to organisations with an annual income below £100,000 is provided by Voluntary Action Leeds through the Leeds City Council Infrastructure Support Fund and is free at the point of delivery. If your organisation wishes to access this service please email email@example.com
However, Voluntary Action Leeds is now able to deliver governance services to registered charities with an income above £100,000 under the Business Support Programme. Let me give you an idea of the packages of support we can provide:
We can offer bespoke training on roles and responsibilities of charity trustees and, if your charity is also a company limited by guarantee this training also covers duties of directors.
We have a package of support to enable charities to fully support its trustees from recruitment, though induction to appraisal.
- We can help your charity to organise sub-committees.
- We can assist you in understanding Charity Commission requirements in respect of amending governing documents
- We can advise you on continuation strategies, exit strategies, mergers and dissolution.
- We can provide assistance and support to charitable unincorporated associations that wish to incorporate. We can provide bespoke training on conflict of interest, public benefit and private benefit.
- We can help your charity if things go wrong. It could be complaints to your charity, it might be reporting serious incidents, it could be that the charity is in dispute around problems between the trustees, friction between the members and the trustees to name just a few possibilities!
If your issue is not mentioned above then contact us via Find a provider to see if we can assist.
But please remember to check out all the Business Support Programme providers and find the provider that suits you best- it is your choice! Happy hunting!