The E-News is sent out twice a month. Read the latest issue
23 March 2015
The Charity Commission has produced guidance on 15 questions to review a charity's effectiveness.
- What effect is the current economic climate having on our charity and its activities?
- Are we financially strong enough to sustain our operations?
- Do we know what impact the economic climate is having on our donors and support of our charity?
- Do we have any reserves?
- have we reviewed our banking arrangements and, where relevant, our investments?
- Have we reviewed our contractual commitments, for example office lease, rental agreements, equipment hire?
- Have we reviewed any contracts to deliver public services?
- If we have a pension scheme, have we reviewed it recently?
- How can we make the best use of any permanent endowment investments we hold?
- Are we an effective trustee body?
- Do we have adequate safeguards in place to prevent fraud?
- Are we making the best use of the financial benefits we have as a charity?
- Are we making the best use of our staff and volunteers?
- Have we considered collaborating with other charities?
- Are we making the best use we can of our property?
For the full guidance on these questions please go to
and search for
"Charity trustee meetings:15 questions you should ask "
What would be your 16th question?