11 August 2016
The Governance Academy takes a look at the Charity Commission guidance on charity trustees and decision makingThe guidance is thankfully brief and the Charity Commission is looking at how to approach decision making.
First of all, the commission identifies 7 principles:
- Act within powers
- Act in good faith and only in the interests of the charity
- Be sufficiently informed
- Take account of all relevant factors
- Ignore irrelevant factors
- Manage conflicts of interest
- Make decisions that are within the range of decisions that a reasonable trustee body could make. (In other words- be reasonable!)
Read the full guidance at
It won't take you long!
"It does not take much strength to do things, but it requires a great deal of strength to decide what to do"