The Fundraising Regulator has today announced the first consultation on changes to the Code of Fundraising practice.
This consultation is an opportunity for charities and the general public to provide views on proposed changes.These changes are going to be important so trustees should take the opportunity to at least read them and the rationale for them — visit the consultation
Proposed changes include matters relating to:
- Trustee role and responsibilities
- Ethics and practice of asking for funds
- Issues for people who are in vulnerable situations
- Charity collection bags ( very practical!)
- General questions about the code.