The ESV team at Voluntary Action Leeds act as a broker for statutory and corporate organisations coordinating quality volunteering opportunities for their staff members.
What is ESV Volunteering?
ESV volunteering can either be as a Community Challenge, where a team of volunteers spends a day with a local charity typically helping to do a variety of practical tasks from planting to painting. Alternatively volunteers can participate in a Skill Share, where an individual shares their professional skills with a charity to work on a specific project in areas such as HR, marketing or social media.
To coordinate ESV opportunities, we can either develop a bespoke service providing unlimited Community Challenge events and Skill Share opportunities, or ‘one off’ days to suit the requirements of your business. We ensure that all volunteering opportunities are quality and also offer genuine value to third sector organisations, who really appreciate any help they receive from volunteers.
For our services we charge either an annual or day rate fee. We have been asked why there is a charge. The answer is that there are costs involved in the organisation and delivery of the service which are not covered by funding. Please note that VAL is a registered charity, not for profit, and any income that is raised through the delivery of services is reinvested in supporting communities, charities and organisations that do good in Leeds, and have a positive impact within the local area.
What Are The Benefits To My Business?
- We have a large network of community groups and charities and will match you and your colleagues with suitable opportunities, tailored to your requirements
- We will be responsible for the organisation and coordination of the volunteering from start to finish and welcome feedback via evaluation forms. You will be fully briefed so all you need to do is turn up on the day and get stuck in! Your efforts will be very much appreciated and will make a real difference
- Your safety and wellbeing is a priority. We will ensure that all health and safety/risk assessment checks have been completed beforehand
- An ESV Leeds representative will attend on the day of your volunteering activity to confirm that you have everything you need and take some photos
- Following your volunteering activity we will produce a case study and acknowledge your hard work via our social media channels
Some Feedback From Corporate Volunteers
This opportunity has given me a greater understanding of what happens outside of my normal work
The day provided an opportunity to develop a greater sense of teamwork and I enjoyed getting to know my colleagues better
A great day was had by all, thank you so much for letting us help out
Find Out More
Contact the ESV team on 0113 2977920 or email email@example.com.