Out Spoken LGBTQI+ Project’s Self-Advocacy Workshops
The Out Spoken LGBTQI+ inclusion project, run by CHANGE (part of The Advonet Group) and Yorkshire MESMAC, is running two sets of free self-advocacy workshops. One is for LGBTQI+ adults with a learning disability. The other is for LGBTQI+ autistic adults.
The workshops will be on Zoom and can help you to learn about:
- Self-advocacy and your rights
- Groups and people who can support you
- Resources you can use to help you deal with barriers when you use health and social care services
Times and dates
The workshops for LGBTQI+ adults with a learning disability are from 11am to 12 Noon on these dates:
- Monday 25th October
- Monday 1st November
- Monday 8th November
- Monday 15th November
- Monday 22nd November
They will be delivered by LGBTQI+ people with a learning disability.
The workshops for LGBTQI+ autistic adults are from 6pm to 7pm on these dates:
- Wednesday 3rd November
- Wednesday 10th November
- Wednesday 17th November
- Wednesday 24th November
- Wednesday 1st December
These workshops will be delivered by LGBTQI+ autistic people.
For both sets of workshops, you need to go to all five sessions. Autistic people with a learning disability can decide which workshops to do. Get in touch if you want to talk more about this. To attend, you must live in the Leeds area.
The Out Spoken project is open to all LGBTQI+ autistic people and people with a learning disability. This includes people who may be waiting for an autism diagnosis and people who have self-defined as autistic.
How to Sign up
- Book for the workshop for people with learning disabilities here: https://www.changepeople.org/shop/events/self-advocacy-workshops-for-lgbtqi-people-with-a
- Book for the workshop for autistic people here: https://www.changepeople.org/shop/events/self-advocacy-workshops-for-lgbtqi-autistic-peopl
If you would like more information on the workshops or the project as a whole, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call CHANGE’s office on 0113 242 6619 and ask for Jude.