The E-News is sent out twice a month. Read the latest issue
Northern Powergrid is running free a workshop that will explore how we can work with you to minimise the impact of a power cut on the most vulnerable people our communities.
|When||Wednesday 15 November at 1:30pm to 4:00pm, 2017|
St George's Centre Leeds
60 Great George Street Leeds, LS1 3DL
Put simply, we make sure the electricity that you buy from your energy supplier gets to you safely, whenever you need it. And, if your power ever gets interrupted, for whatever reason, be it extreme weather or emergency maintenance, we’ll be there to fix it. Giving 100% day and night, rain and shine, Sundays, Mondays and Christmas days and offer additional support to look after our customers that need us the most.
As we head into winter some of the challenges that are facing the individuals and communities you support can become intensified by bad weather. This free workshop, run by Northern Powergrid, will explore how we can work with you to avoid and minimise the impact on the most vulnerable people our communities. This event will:
- Explain who we are and what we do
- Provide you with information about our Priority Service Register (PSR) and how to sign up the people that you support so that they and receive additional services should they need it, in the event of a power cut
- Offer you free resources to make sure the vulnerable communities you support are prepared for winter and more resilient in the event of a power cut
- Launch our PSR Innovation Fund – a fund available in 2018 to work with local partners to identify and reach vulnerable customers and sign them up to the PSR
- Information about our social and community programmes and how to refer people on to them, including our partnership with Citizens Advice offering free affordability advice