The E-News is sent out twice a month. Read the latest issue
Responding to the challenges of victims of CSA/CSE in the Criminal Justice System. This 1 day conference gives you the chance to see the criminal justice system like you have never seen it before.
|When||Friday 5 January at 9:30am to 4:45pm|
Leeds Trinity University
Brownberrie Lane Horsforth LS18 5HD
In sharing innovative work across the UK, this conference offers true value for money, enabling participants to gain unique insights from a range of perspectives to take back into practice.
Delegates will have a choice from a number of lectures and workshops, including presentations from leading academics, researchers and practitioners.
The highly insightful lectures and workshops will cover:
- Understanding a victim’s early experience and issues of vulnerability
- The impact of trauma and the consequences for criminal investigations and prosecutions
- Seeing the criminal justice system from the victim’s point of view; exploring victim care models within police investigation and at court
- Understanding how juries interpret information and make decisions
- Gaining insights into the criminal justice system from a prosecution perspective
- Reflecting on lessons learned from Rotherham and Rochdale CSE cases
- Pilots aimed at improving victims’ experiences in giving evidence
- Survivors and parents sharing their experiences of the criminal justice system
- Hannah Marsden: Author of 2017 Barnardo’s report the Journey to Justice
- Maggie Oliver: Former detective, family liaison officer, and whistleblower Rochdale
- Liz Jenkins: Deputy Chief Crown Prosecutor
- Dr. Kate Ward: Consultant Paediatrician (Specialising in child protection and vulnerable victims)
A full itinerary will be released in due course. A day ticket includes four (free) workshops and the lectures- attendees will be emailed when workshop booking opens.
Day ticket: £90
Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/conference-making-justice-work-for-victims-of-child-sexual-abuse-csa-...
Back to all events