The E-News is sent out twice a month. Read the latest issue
Carers Trust has been funded by the Department of Health and Social Care to deliver train the trainer-style workshops to increase understanding of young carers and the issues they may face.
|When||Thursday 26 April at 9:00am to 5:00pm|
The Studio Leeds
Riverside West, Whitehall Road, Leeds LS1 4AW
Carers Trust has been funded by the Department of Health and Social Care to deliver train the trainer-style workshops for local partners to increase their knowledge and understanding of young carers and the issues they may face. This event will help more of us to identify and support young carers. Anyone who works or volunteers with young people are welcome to attend - whether a commissioner of services, work within a health care setting, school staff, member of a faith group, community leader or from a local charity or carers service who would like to use the resources.
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leeds-improving-the-identification-of-young-carers-train-the-trainers...The event will be delivered by Sunderland Carers Centre and is a free event.
Lunch, refreshments, and materials will be provided, including online access to downloadable materials (sent after the event). Delegates need to meet their own accommodation and travel costs. You are eligible to attend this event if:
- Your organisation works in England and
- You will cascade the training you have received to your organisation / sector / group / team / local authority / NHS Trust / GP practice / community group / faith group. It would be helpful if those attending have the support of their organisation to engage in this work.
- Who are young carers.
- How you can help identify children who may be young carers.
- What sort of caring they may do, and how caring impacts on the lives of young carers.
- How to recognise and handle safeguarding and confidentiality issues in relation to young carers.
- How to approach a conversation with a child or parent in an appropriate and sensitive way.
- What the barriers may be to young carers and their families seeking support.
- Guidance and advice on identifying key local stakeholders to involve and how to engage with them.
- Where to find local support and services to support young carers and their families.
- Where to find other resources to help support work with young carers.
- How you can use these resources to engage your organisation/community/group.
- How to go about setting up local projects to oversee and co-ordinate work with young carers.