About Crellin Consulting
Crellin Consulting provides high quality, professional consultancy services to the third sector focused around the themes of Business, Place and People. Crellin Consulting has strong social values and purpose. Through provision of services they strive to enable communities and individuals to prosper, particularly where those areas or individuals represent communities that are the most excluded (due to health, gender, race or poverty etc.). Crellin Consulting was established in 2008 by Debbie Crellin and much of their work comes from repeat business and recommendation due to the quality of services and the high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Social impact evaluations
- Business planning/feasibility studies
- Tender readiness and tendering
- Bidding for grants
Expertise and Experience
Debbie Crellin has over 25 years experience of working in and with the voluntary sector. She spent many years appraising large grant applications and commissioning projects from the third sector and now uses this experience to help organisations access funding and win contracts. The single largest grant secured was £10.4 million investment into Charity Bank. Debbie is very experienced in helping organisations become more financially sustainable through developing new products and ways of working.
Crellin Consulting are experienced in producing social Impact studies (SROI or similar) and understand that this has helped to demonstrate the need and value of services to funders.
Paul Harrison's focus is business planning especially related to social investment finance. Paul has a banking background and also works for Charity Bank.
Leeds, West Yorkshire and Nationally.
Average rating: 93%
(from 5 responses)
About Voluntary Action Leeds
Are you looking for training, support or advice? Do you want to influence and shape key policy issues affecting your local community? Voluntary Action Leeds (VAL) provides you with skills, resources, support and advice to achieve your aspirations. VAL supports and enables you to take positive social action in building thriving and inclusive local communities. That means supporting your group or organisation to develop and achieve positive social change from within.
Voluntary Action Leeds will:
- Provide newly formed and small groups with specialist advice and support, assisting you with writing constitutions, governance and registering your company or charity
- Support you to develop and deliver your volunteering programmes
- Design training to help you in fundraising, governance, management, finance, health & safety and marketing
- Support and advise you on commissioning and procurement
- Help you facilitate effective partnership and collaborative work
- Support you to run effective networks and forums
Experience and Expertise
For over 30 years VAL has been developing, supporting and enabling over 2000 plus organisations in Leeds. This means VAL ensures you are well represented in the decision making process and your voice is heard in places where it matters most.
VAL manages the Doing Good Leeds website, an online hub for voluntary and community sector organisations which seeks to unify, facilitate constructive dialogue and enable you to share success stories, concerns and best practice.
VAL works in Leeds.
Andy is a freelance management consultant specialising in performance management, monitoring and evaluation. He helps organisations understand and demonstrate their impact, to improve their effectiveness and support funding applications.
Formerly a Director of TEAL Consulting Ltd, Andy now works independently, mainly with third sector clients in Leeds and West Yorkshire.
- Independent advice and evaluation
- Single-organisation, group or online support
- SROI social impact assessment and cost-benefit analysis
- Performance frameworks such as strategy mapping, balanced scorecards, and EFQM Excellence Model
- Every project is purpose-developed to meet specific client needs
Expertise and Experience
He has particular expertise in measurement, evaluation and demonstrating impact through a range of different methods. He is an accredited practitioner on social return on investment.
Since 2008 Andy has worked with 20 third sector organisations, 11 of these in the Leeds area. Projects range from half-day awareness sessions to full SROI evaluations. All projects move beyond outputs to demonstrate outcomes and impact, with recommendations on how clients can achieve still better results.
Leeds, throughout West Yorkshire and Nationally.
About HR Success
Following a successful career spanning 20 years as an HR Director and Manager with large blue chip companies, Sue Sheard of HR Success decided to establish a practical, down-to-earth human resource consultancy business aimed at supporting organisations who did not have the funds to invest in their own HR staff. Trading for 15 years with Sue at the helm HR Success, has established a reputation through spreading HR best practice and enabling many organisations across both public and private sectors to benefit from strategic human resource management.
We have all heard the saying that” people are our greatest asset” but employees in any organisation are typically the most significant cost. Therefore, like any resource, they require careful and proactive management. Sue believes that good HR practice and effective people management results in engaged and motivated employees who, in turn have a positive impact on delivery, achieve social aims and deliver the required outcomes.
HR Success have a record of effectively supporting busy Directors, Trustees and Managers as they strive to deliver their aims, values and objectives.
- HR policy audits, review, design development, and implementation of new policies
- HR support and specialist projects
- Handling TUPE transfers
- Handling or assisting with organisational change and re-structuring
- Redundancy handling and support
- Recruitment and selection, psychometric testing & assessment centres
- Ensuring legal compliance
- Assisting boards and trustees to handle difficult situations involving staff, including discipline, grievance and capability cases.
- Aligning organisational strategy to people policies and performance outcomes
- HR specific training workshops - discipline handling, dealing with grievances, recruitment and selection, supervision and performance management skills
- Reward recognition and remuneration policies and payment policies/reviews
- Job evaluation
- Contracts of employment, forms, procedures
Support is delivered through a variety of means:
- Individual coaching
- Consultancy projects
- In person/email/phone
- Retained HR support from a real person
Expertise and Experience
Sue is a HR and training consultant with 25 years generalist HR experience and with 12 years experience in the third sector. Working extensively across the sector, providing practical and solution driven support. Sue passionately believes that adopting good strategic human resource management is the key to enable the third sector to deliver their strategic aims, plans and outcomes.
Working with boards, directors and senior management teams helping them to convert their ideas, dreams and organisational needs, into strategic and deliverable plans.
Sue has expertise in:
- Organisational driven HR: Understanding strategic human resource management and its benefits.
- The development of strategic leaders and focused organisations
- Relevant performance management, supervision and review skills
- Practical handling of discipline, grievance and capability issues
- Understanding employment law
- HR support
Primarily throughout Yorkshire and the North West.