About Walsh Taylor
Walsh Taylor are a support organisation who work with social enterprises, charities, individuals and businesses. They work with organisations who are merging or changing their structure, and support those with financial pressures assisting them in finding workable solutions.
Walsh Taylor provide an initial consultation free of charge to all organisations. The consultation provides an opportunity for both sides to understand the current issues and discuss the potential routes and solutions for the organisation.
It also provides the following services free of charge to Third Sector organisations:
- Organisation Health Check – a review of the organisation, identifying areas that require strengthening or that could pose a potential risk to the organisation
- Board presentation – speaking to the board on their potential liabilities and on types of behaviour that could put them at risk
- Telephone helpline – a confidential service offering advice to organisations and their board members.
Other services include:
- Assisting with mergers and restructuring of organisations
- Arranging payment plans with creditors
- Dissolution or liquidation of an organisation
Walsh Taylor’s experienced team have worked with a wide range of organisations, helping them restructure, reduce risk and strengthen their organisation or close operations down in a planned and controlled manner preserving the services and the reputation of the organisation and staff.
The team include individuals with strong experience in the Third Sector and we also have a pool of individuals with specific experience such as contracting/commissioning and housing that we work with when required.
Yorkshire and the North East
About School for Social Entrepreneurs
The School for Social Entrepreneurs uses action learning based programmes to support personal and organisational development. Their mission is to address inequalities and social exclusion by supporting social entrepreneurs from all backgrounds to transform their talent into real social outcomes, in the form of sustainable solutions to poverty and disadvantage in communities.
- Action learning programmes -12 month programme how to start up a social enterprise ‘we will take your idea and make it a reality’
- Short 1 - 3 day programmes
- Measuring social impact
- How to access social finance
- Trading for sustainability
- Writing successful bids
- Unlocking social finance
- Action Learning Facilitator training
- Social franchising
- Kickstart your social media strategy
- Consultancy - Working with individuals/organisations to support their specific needs
- Networking - Monthly networking events for anyone interested in social enterprise/social entrepreneurship
Expertise and Experience
The SSE network has worked with more than 1200 social entrepreneurs on their journey to start up and scale up their social enterprises. The SSE deliver programmes in 18 locations and 70% of our students work in 20% of the most disadvantaged areas of the UK. SSE student’s organisations are 20% more likely to succeed for 5 years than a traditional UK business. Locally we have supported more than 100 individuals to start up social enterprises.
90% of our students say they have had a wider impact beyond their community, ranging from raising awareness to influencing government policy.
The SSE work out of a variety of locations across Leeds and beyond. Our core programmes are run at Shine Business Centre, Harehills Road, Leeds. We will provide training at a suitable location.
About Know and Do Ltd
Know and Do helps organisations manage their response to change. Their approach is to listen, learn and support, using a clear values driven focus to achieve positive outcomes for clients.
Through their core services of performance coaching, management training and facilitation, they enable organisations to make best use of their existing resources.
Know+Do provide a range of high quality management training, facilitation and business coaching services. Common issues they support enable practical change in leading and managing organisations; this includes:
- Difficult conversations made easier
- Growing a business
- How to negotiate well
- Inspiring enterprising leaders
- Introduction to coaching
- Managing change
- Motivating staff
- Networking skills
- Recruiting staff well
- Sales planning
- Strategic market reviews
They can Tailor services to meet client needs eg:
- In-house training
- Conference / event presentations
- Remote support, e.g. phone, email, webinars, Skype
Experience and Expertise
Know+Do work with over 100 organisations each year; the majority of which are charities, social enterprises or public agencies from diverse locations and causes (i.e. health, sport, counselling, childcare, community development, infrastructure, advice, etc) and communities (i.e. young people, disability, BME, women). All services are delivered through two founding staff and a core team of skilled associates.
In the past year Know+Do has also become:
- A preferred supplier for BIG Assist grants
- An approved consultant and business coach for ACEVO members
- A provider of business innovation coaching and leadership training through the national Growth Accelerator Programme
Know+Do’s team has influenced national government policy and delivered large-scale projects. They are highly qualified and experienced at leading organisations involving staff, volunteers and stakeholders. They excel at:
- Strategic development
- Effective operations
- Motivating and empowering
- Creating clarity from complexity
- Social entrepreneurship
Know+Do can provide services in the following areas:
- Greater Manchester
About Adrian Ashton
Adrian Ashton is a nationally recognised, approved and accredited provider of advice, consultancy, training and research to social enterprises, charities, sector bodies and other organisations.
He works across various fields, is a published commentator on policy and sector issues, he annually publishes a social impact report on the services he offers and delivers.
- Business planning
- Feasibility studies
- Financial planning
- Social media
- Developing enterprise activities/services
- Facilitating partnerships and collaborative working
- Leadership and managing change within an organisations’ activities and culture
- Governance (including legal structures)
- Demonstrating and reporting impact
- Commissioning and contracting
Support is delivered through a variety of means:
- Individual coaching
- Group planning
- In person/email/phone
Expertise and Experience
Adrian is an approved and accredited provider of advice, consultancy, training and research to social enterprises, charities, sector bodies and other organisations.
With recognised skills in respect of:
- Working with disadvantaged groups (e.g. People with disabilities, ex-offenders)
- Project management
- Raising finance / Income generation
- Networking and brokering additional support to groups
Adrian will readily signpost organisations to relevant additional support and encouragement.
He is holds an enhanced DBS clearance, and enjoys cycling and cake.
Throughout West Yorkshire and also ‘out of hours’ including early evenings and weekends as necessary to suit you.
Average rating: 96%
(from 8 responses)
WYCAS supports organisations to manage their finances more effectively and efficiently. Their specialist and highly knowledgeable team offer an accounts preparation and independent examination service, plus training, support and tailored services to help you manage your finances and meet regulatory requirements, allowing you to focus on delivering your services.
WYCAS is proud to support over 500 organisations throughout West Yorkshire.
Supporting your operational needs:
- Interim bookkeeping/remedial accounts work
- Management accounts
- Implementing new accounting systems
Developing your financial management skills and experience:
- One to One training and support at a place to suit you
- Financial training workshops/courses
- Good practice publications and advice
Helping you meet statutory and funder requirements:
- Preparation of year end accounts
- Independent examinations
- Financial governance health checks
Supporting your changing needs:
- Service costing / pricing
- Financial modelling/scenario planning
- Mentoring or coaching finance staff
Expertise and Experience
Unique in West Yorkshire, WYCAS has been advising and supporting third sector groups since 2000. In that time they have built up an excellent track record for providing financial management training and accounting services, particularly within the voluntary and community sector.
The specialist and highly knowledgeable team has a breadth and depth of knowledge – from setting up a pen and paper bookkeeping system for a small group to complex budgeting, accounting and tax requirements for charities, CIOs, CICs and social enterprises.
Individual staff have professional accountancy qualifications with ACCA, FCIE, ICAEW, AAT and CIPFA, as well as PGCE and PTLLS training qualifications
WYCAS is a specialist in implementing and supporting QuickBooks accounting systems and staff are QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisors.
Throughout West Yorkshire.
About Neil Coulson Associates
Neil Coulson Associates (NCA) is an established consultancy company specialising in supporting third sector organisations to become sustainable.
- Drafting business plans
- Writing funding bids and tender proposals
- Undertaking business diagnostics
- Reviews and evaluations
Expertise and Experience
NCA has 14 years experience in providing consultancy, training and business support.
Specialising in business planning, fundraising and income generation. With expertise in public sector contracting, joint ventures, social investment and developing new income streams.
NCA delivers bespoke support in business planning, fundraising, investment readiness and social enterprise.
NCA is SFEDI accredited.
Leeds, throughout West Yorkshire and Nationally.
Phone: 01246 417725