About Adrian Ashton
Adrian Ashton is a nationally recognised, approved and accredited provider of advice, consultancy, training and research to social enterprises, charities, sector bodies and other organisations.
He works across various fields, is a published commentator on policy and sector issues, he annually publishes a social impact report on the services he offers and delivers.
- Business planning
- Feasibility studies
- Financial planning
- Social media
- Developing enterprise activities/services
- Facilitating partnerships and collaborative working
- Leadership and managing change within an organisations’ activities and culture
- Governance (including legal structures)
- Demonstrating and reporting impact
- Commissioning and contracting
Support is delivered through a variety of means:
- Individual coaching
- Group planning
- In person/email/phone
Expertise and Experience
Adrian is an approved and accredited provider of advice, consultancy, training and research to social enterprises, charities, sector bodies and other organisations.
With recognised skills in respect of:
- Working with disadvantaged groups (e.g. People with disabilities, ex-offenders)
- Project management
- Raising finance / Income generation
- Networking and brokering additional support to groups
Adrian will readily signpost organisations to relevant additional support and encouragement.
He is holds an enhanced DBS clearance, and enjoys cycling and cake.
Throughout West Yorkshire and also ‘out of hours’ including early evenings and weekends as necessary to suit you.
Andy is a freelance management consultant specialising in performance management, monitoring and evaluation. He helps organisations understand and demonstrate their impact, to improve their effectiveness and support funding applications.
Formerly a Director of TEAL Consulting Ltd, Andy now works independently, mainly with third sector clients in Leeds and West Yorkshire.
- Independent advice and evaluation
- Single-organisation, group or online support
- SROI social impact assessment and cost-benefit analysis
- Performance frameworks such as strategy mapping, balanced scorecards, and EFQM Excellence Model
- Every project is purpose-developed to meet specific client needs
Expertise and Experience
He has particular expertise in measurement, evaluation and demonstrating impact through a range of different methods. He is an accredited practitioner on social return on investment.
Since 2008 Andy has worked with 20 third sector organisations, 11 of these in the Leeds area. Projects range from half-day awareness sessions to full SROI evaluations. All projects move beyond outputs to demonstrate outcomes and impact, with recommendations on how clients can achieve still better results.
Leeds, throughout West Yorkshire and Nationally.
About Know and Do Ltd
Know and Do helps organisations manage their response to change. Their approach is to listen, learn and support, using a clear values driven focus to achieve positive outcomes for clients.
Through their core services of performance coaching, management training and facilitation, they enable organisations to make best use of their existing resources.
Know+Do provide a range of high quality management training, facilitation and business coaching services. Common issues they support enable practical change in leading and managing organisations; this includes:
- Difficult conversations made easier
- Growing a business
- How to negotiate well
- Inspiring enterprising leaders
- Introduction to coaching
- Managing change
- Motivating staff
- Networking skills
- Recruiting staff well
- Sales planning
- Strategic market reviews
They can Tailor services to meet client needs eg:
- In-house training
- Conference / event presentations
- Remote support, e.g. phone, email, webinars, Skype
Experience and Expertise
Know+Do work with over 100 organisations each year; the majority of which are charities, social enterprises or public agencies from diverse locations and causes (i.e. health, sport, counselling, childcare, community development, infrastructure, advice, etc) and communities (i.e. young people, disability, BME, women). All services are delivered through two founding staff and a core team of skilled associates.
In the past year Know+Do has also become:
- A preferred supplier for BIG Assist grants
- An approved consultant and business coach for ACEVO members
- A provider of business innovation coaching and leadership training through the national Growth Accelerator Programme
Know+Do’s team has influenced national government policy and delivered large-scale projects. They are highly qualified and experienced at leading organisations involving staff, volunteers and stakeholders. They excel at:
- Strategic development
- Effective operations
- Motivating and empowering
- Creating clarity from complexity
- Social entrepreneurship
Know+Do can provide services in the following areas:
- Greater Manchester