Average rating: 93%
(from 5 responses)
About Voluntary Action Leeds
Are you looking for training, support or advice? Do you want to influence and shape key policy issues affecting your local community? Voluntary Action Leeds (VAL) provides you with skills, resources, support and advice to achieve your aspirations. VAL supports and enables you to take positive social action in building thriving and inclusive local communities. That means supporting your group or organisation to develop and achieve positive social change from within.
Voluntary Action Leeds will:
- Provide newly formed and small groups with specialist advice and support, assisting you with writing constitutions, governance and registering your company or charity
- Support you to develop and deliver your volunteering programmes
- Design training to help you in fundraising, governance, management, finance, health & safety and marketing
- Support and advise you on commissioning and procurement
- Help you facilitate effective partnership and collaborative work
- Support you to run effective networks and forums
Experience and Expertise
For over 30 years VAL has been developing, supporting and enabling over 2000 plus organisations in Leeds. This means VAL ensures you are well represented in the decision making process and your voice is heard in places where it matters most.
VAL manages the Doing Good Leeds website, an online hub for voluntary and community sector organisations which seeks to unify, facilitate constructive dialogue and enable you to share success stories, concerns and best practice.
VAL works in Leeds.