The E-News is sent out twice a month. Read the latest issue
To join VAL please check that you meet the membership criteria and then complete and return a membership form to us, along with the relevant supporting documentation.
Joining VAL is free and is open to all third sector organisations in Leeds.
To join VAL as a member your organisation needs to be part of the Third Sector, which includes social enterprises. Your group or organisation needs to meet the following criteria:
- be a self-governing body of people who have joined together voluntarily to take action for the benefit of the community, and established otherwise than for financial gain.
- have written down and publicly available the aims, objectives and methods of working of your organisation (this must be submitted with your application). The organisation does not have to be a registered charity.
- affairs managed by, and/or ultimately accountable to, a group of people for no economic or similar advantage.
- activities principally benefit people in or around Leeds.
- have a commitment to supporting equality and diversity and will not knowingly discriminate against anybody on the basis of their racial or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
- must not be undertaking and/or affiliated to party political activity.
Membership applications are approved by the VAL Board of Trustees, who meet six times a year.
To join VAL please complete the membership form, available to download below, and return it to us with the relevant supporting documentation or complete the online membership application form.
To request a paper copy of the application form please email email@example.com or call 0113 297 7920.
For more information on VAL’s membership or our services please contact VAL at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 297 7920.
You will be notified when your application has been approved.
(DOC, 61.5 KB)Download