Voluntary Action Leeds
We are recruiting a part time project worker post. This post is for 2 days per week (14.8 hours) on permanent basis working on a Monday and Thursday.
At Voluntary Action Leeds we recruit all delivery staff as generic project workers who are able to pick up various short term funded projects across the organisation. This requires team members who are flexible, adaptable and have a range of transferable skills. The initial role for this postholder sits within the volunteering team and will deliver on Volunteer Centre Leeds, a brokerage service for members of the community that are looking to be matched to appropriate volunteering roles. Whilst the vacancy currently sits within the Volunteer Centre, staff members can be moved around the organisation, to deliver relevant pieces of work that maximise their skills, knowledge & experience and the impact on our organisational aims.
The requirements of this initial role include:
- Providing a brokerage service to members of the community using excellent customer service skills
- Supporting organisations to engage with Be Collective and utilise its full functionality
- Promoting the work of Voluntary Action Leeds and wider infrastructure support
- Planning, organising and attending outreach events to promote volunteering (online and in person)
- Recording and collating information and data around volunteering in Leeds and VolunteerCentre services
- Updating databases and creating social media content
For this initial role, the following would also be helpful:
- The ability to work autonomously with self-motivation
- An understanding of the work of Voluntary Action Leeds
- A passion for volunteering and it’s benefits
- A commitment to supporting VCSE organisations to recruit and retain and robust volunteerbased
In return, we can offer good terms and conditions of employment, enrolment to the Simply Health scheme and a 6.5% pension contribution. VAL is a Living Wage and Mindful Employer. We welcome applications from diverse communities.
The closing date is 5.00 pm on Monday 17 January 2022. Interviews will be held during January 2022. No CVs are accepted. Application packs can be downloaded below.
How to Apply
Please download the application pack below: