The overall aim is:
- To research, collect and preserve untold LGBTQ+ social histories
The primary objectives are:
- To encourage a range of audiences to appreciate and learn more about the LGBTQ+ heritage
- To ensure that funding obligations are met, to organise the project to deliver maximum impact on a day to day basis.
- To manage and supervise project staff (up to 4 full time equivalent staff), placements/students, subcontractors, freelancers and volunteers.
- To coordinate the project team to discover and preserve LGBTQ+ heritage, promote and offer Core curatorial projects
- ·To inspire, develop and deliver volunteering roles in the WYQS project In particular volunteer advisors (advisory group members) and Community curators
- To ensure that the West Yorkshire Queer Stories project has in place the systems and infra-structure to support people to become volunteers
- To use Community Development methods to ensure the involvement of LGBTQ+ people in the project including marginalised communities
Salary: NJC points 29 - 31 starting at £25,591 pro rata for 16 hours per week for a fixed term contract until May 2020 + 5% workplace pension and membership of Simply Health (on completion of probationary period). This is subject to confirmation of funding. The successful applicant must be able to start this position on 1st February 2018. Salary is reviewed annually.
- To support the wellbeing and learning of everyone participating in the project including volunteers, contributors, partners and audiences and to ensure that high ethical standards are maintained.
Further information on this role such as background information, a job description and person specification can be found in our application pack.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website: http://mesmac.co.uk/contact/vacancies
Closing date is: 10am on Friday 1 December 2017
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
Interviews will be on 12 December 2017