This is an exciting opportunity to work at the newly developed Old Fire Station in Gipton. To support The Old Fire Station Management Team in providing excellent customer service out of hours.
An example of typical working hours may be four week day evenings. Flexibility to work on a rota system is required, occasional weekend work is also required.
You will provide a warm and professional welcome to room bookers and event attendees, ensuring visitors’ needs are met. Ensuring the safety and security of The Old Fire Station, which includes the opening and closing of the building.
As Events & Buildings Assistant, your duties will include: -
If you are interested in this role, please visit https://gipsil.org.uk/jobs, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our HR team on 0113 2000 857 to request a full application pack.
- Covering reception outside of standard opening hours; greeting customers on arrival, showing them to their rooms, explaining H&S procedures, making sure their requirements are met, being on hand to provide further support
- Ensuring rooms have been set up according to the customer’s requirements in terms of furniture and equipment. Clearing rooms after an event is completed and turning them round for the next booking
- Some reception admin tasks, editing / cancelling and making booking, processing card payments, providing telephone answering service.
- Supporting cleaning staff with additional regular cleaning of all public areas, including; ensuring public and tenants’ WC areas are kept clean, well-stocked with relevant supplies and that appropriate sanitary collections take place; internal and external windows
- Ensuring routine building maintenance and the provision of services. Responsible for keeping the grounds and gardens in good repair
GIPSIL particularly welcomes applicants from BME communities.
Please note that GIPSIL does not accept CVs.
If you have not heard from us by 6 March 2018, unfortunately this means you have not been successful in reaching the interview stage this time. We thank you for your application.
- Deadline for applications: 2 March 2018 at 12pm (noon)
- Shortlisting Date: 5 March 2018
- Interview Date: 9 March 2018