Post: First Contact Worker
Team: First Contact Team
Contract: Permanent Hours: 20 hours per week (part time) Salary Scale / Point: GIPSIL Scale 3 Point 14
Salary: £17,681 pro rota per annum (Actual Salary £9,557.29 per annum) Location: Leeds
Benefits: 29 days annual leave per annum (pro-rata) plus Bank Holidays, employee health plan, cycle to work scheme and company pension scheme
GIPSIL are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible person who has a desire to support young people through taking referrals, signposting to services and supporting service delivery teams. The role would suit someone wishing to gain experience and further their development within young people’s services.
GIPSIL is a young people’s service with support provided around independent living, housing, benefits and well-being. The Archway Centre in Harehills and its satellite centre at Woodfield Court in Gipton, are being developed into a housing support and advice gateway for all GIPSIL services across Leeds. The First Contact Team will be instrumental in delivering a professional, welcoming and efficient response to young people, professionals and the local community. Though a largely administrative team, the duties and responsibilities include working directly with young people who are amongst the most vulnerable across the city.
As First Contact Worker, your duties will include: -
1. Provide an efficient and welcoming reception service which will include:- Receiving members and visitors in a polite and friendly manner and dealing with general enquiries. Receiving incoming calls and e-mails, forwarding calls, taking and routing messages. Acting as an information point for visitors ensuring all colleagues and visitors have signed in and out of the building register to ensure Health & Safety in case of fire as well as monitoring and reporting on footfall to the building
2. Complete housing support referrals with young people or professionals, in person and over the telephone including completion of the Flag & Tag process
3. Undertake the 3 in 1 training and deliver the C Card Scheme (providing advice and free contraceptives to 13-24 year olds) as and when needed, including the monitoring requirements as required by Leeds Sexual Health.
4. Assist in collating, directing and being responsive to referrals including booking in needs assessments and tasking to housing support workers using the Housing Support & Advice Gateway.
5. Support the delivery of the counselling service, including taking referrals, and liaising with clients and counselling volunteers.
6. To support services with updating their social media (Facebook, Twitter etc)
7. Proactive approach to health and safety, supporting GIPSIL policy and procedures including specific responsibilities which are not limited to fire marshals, first aid, usage of CCTV system and alarm testing.
8. Ensure that the reception area is always clean and tidy; and that all displays and publications in all GIPSIL offices are up to date and kept in an attractive manner.
If you are interested in this role, please visit https://gipsil.org.uk/jobs, email email@example.com or call our HR team on 0113 2000 853 to request a full application pack.
GIPSIL particularly welcomes applicants from BME communities.
Please note that GIPSIL does not accept CVs.
No agencies. ·
Deadline for applications: 29th March 2019 (12 noon) ·
Shortlisting Date: 3rd April 2019
Interview Date: 10th April 2019
If you have not heard from us by 9th April 2019 unfortunately this means you have not been successful in reaching the interview stage this time. We thank you for your application.