GIPSIL is a community-led organisation established in 1993 in response to the difficulties facing young people on the Gipton estate and surrounding communities in East Leeds. GIPSIL works with children, young people and families in the most disadvantaged communities in Leeds to realise their potential.
The Old Fire Station is a new community hub opened September 2017. Our aim is to run a thriving, welcoming centre in East Leeds where all are made to feel valued and safe whilst providing the opportunity to learn, develop and engage in positive activities. The refurbishment of the former Gipton Fire Station was funded by Leeds Community Foundation as a legacy to East Leeds via the generosity of the late Jimi Heselden. Gipsil are tenants at the centre and are contracted to employ The Old Fire Station team.
The main responsibilities of the post include: -
- Setting up meeting rooms according to the customer’s requirements, clearing rooms after an event is completed and turning them round for the next booking.
- Ensuring safety and security; carrying out routine building maintenance (regular testing of fire alarm, legionella testing etc.), locking up building, keeping the grounds and gardens in good repair, organizing annual PAT testing etc.
- Providing maintenance services; fixing taps, installing artwork, unblocking toilets etc.
- Ensuring visitors have a positive experience; greeting customers on arrival, showing them to their rooms, explaining H&S procedures, making sure their requirements are met, being on hand to provide further support. Capture and record feedback.
- Some reception admin tasks, editing / cancelling and making bookings, processing card payments, providing telephone answering service.
- Supporting cleaning staff with additional regular cleaning of all public areas, including; ensuring public and tenants’ WC areas are kept clean, well-stocked with relevant supplies and that appropriate sanitary collections take place, cleaning internal and external windows.
- Ensuring compliance with key policies and procedures relating to premises management including: Health and Safety; Fire Safety.
- Working flexibly to provide cover for a building which is open 13 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Supporting The Old Fire Station team to deliver community wide events.
If you would like an application pack, please visit www.gipsil.org.uk/joinus or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our HR team on 0113 2000857
Please note that GIPSIL will not accept CV’s. No agencies.
If you would like more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Jess Woodall (Reception Manager) on 0113 213 6813.
Deadline for applications is 1st May 2019 at 12 noon.
Shortlisting will take place on 2nd May 2019.