Domestic Violence & Abuse Advanced Practitioner Female*
(Temporary 1 year contract)
NJC Scale SO1 (29 – 31) £26,999 - £28,785 (35 hours per week) Secondment opportunity (previous applicants need not apply)
Leeds Women’s Aid provides a range of services for vulnerable women and families who are victims and survivors of: Domestic, Sexual & Honour Based Violence and Abuse; Forced Marriage; Trafficking; Stalking and Harassment to become safe, confident and independent.
Leeds Women’s Aid is the lead agency for Leeds Domestic Violence Service (LDVS), a consortium of 3 agencies offering support to women, men and transgender/non binary people.
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and enthusiastic woman* to join our expanding and committed team.
You will need to demonstrate at least the following qualities:
· Knowledge of the housing needs of vulnerable and disadvantaged groups including emergency accommodation
· Have a good understanding of victims with complex needs (e.g. mental health substance misuse, LGBT* and young victims)
· Experience of working with vulnerable clients with complex needs and victims of domestic abuse (A&I)
· Experience of providing support, guidance and advice to people staff and professionals around clients with complex needs
Closing date: 9am Monday 29th April 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 7th May 2019
Leeds Women's Aid is fully committed to the principles of equality of opportunity
LWA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required before taking up this position.
* Posts are open to women only (Exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1)
To apply please download a pack from our website:
Completed applications should be sent to: email@example.com