Pyramid’s mission is to invest in people with a learning disability through the discovery, development and disruption of the arts.
Our goal is to help people with a learning disability to discover the arts, develop their talents to become world-class artists, and to disrupt the social and institutional barriers that prevent them from being recognised, supported and celebrated.
We are looking for a highly motivated and efficient individual with practical project delivery experience.
This is a rare opportunity for the right candidate to take a leading role in a project which is exciting, innovative and will uphold Pyramid’s reputation as a national leader in inclusive arts practice.
This project aims to
- Reduce social isolation
- Increase opportunities for people to take part in creative activity
- Improve community cohesion within Bramley, Leeds
- Improve individual social wellbeing and development of life-skills
Our beneficiaries are
- People with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD), local to Bramley
- Non-learning disabled residents of Bramley who actively engage in the project through volunteering and training
- The wider Bramley community who will experience and enjoy the impact of our project, and benefit from the establishment of a new Tenants and Residents Association in the area
The Development Worker will:
- Administrate and coordinate sessional activities for our client base, working with our established team of freelance artists
- Liaise with care agencies and Supported Living providers to recruit new participants to the project
- Work to develop networks and connections with organisations and community groups within the Bramley ward
- Recruit volunteers from Bramley and provide supervision and support to ensure that they are getting the best experience and obtaining valuable transferable skills
- Support the development of training in equality, diversity and inclusion for organisations
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and report on the project with regards to its intended outcomes