Post: Renovation & Training Worker
Benefits: Flexi-time, 29 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, company pension, Cycle to Work, corporate health plan
GIPSIL is a community-led organisation established in 1993 in response to the difficulties facing young people on the Gipton estate and surrounding communities in East Leeds. GIPSIL works with children, young people and families in the most disadvantaged communities in Leeds to realise their potential.
As Renovation & Training Worker, you will have:
- Experience of general property refurbishment and maintenance tasks.
- Experience of supervising trainees and/or volunteers, with the ability to teach practical skills.
- Knowledge & experience of a variety of building crafts, plastering, decorating, joinery, plumbing, wall tiling, bricklaying etc.
- A knowledge of Health and Safety legislation relating to building and construction.
- A commitment to working with disadvantaged groups and individuals.
- Ideally an apprentice trained crafts person – NVQ level 2 and/or City & Guilds qualification.
- A full, clean Driving Licence.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Day-to-day property refurbishment tasks including basic joinery, plastering, decorating, plumbing, wall tiling, bricklaying etc.
- Liaising with contractors, trainees, volunteers and other workers.
- Contribute to building work following the schedule of work, timetable and architectural engineer drawings as necessary.
- To collect materials and equipment as required and supervise deliveries to site.
- To keep the van in clean/tidy condition at all times and report any issues relating to road worthiness.
- To supervise trainees and volunteers within the organisation to achieve work experience in order to enable access to training or long term employment.
- To liaise with tenants/service users/trade suppliers of GIPSIL, to maintain and develop key relationships.
- To be a part of an on call out of hours rota to cover emergency repairs.
If you would like an application pack, please click on the links above or telephone 0113 200 0857.
Please note that GIPSIL will not accept CV’s. No agencies.
If you would like more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Danny Dickinson (Operations Manager) on 0113 2000 854 .
Deadline for applications is 9 May 2019 at 12 noon.
Shortlisting will take place on 14 May 2019.
Interview date is provisionally set for 21 May 2019
GIPSIL particularly welcomes applicants from BME communities.