To provide efficient and effective caretaking support to any Hamara premises including ensuring the security and general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with Hamara HLC required standards.
The post holder will be expected to observe safe working practices in carrying out the required duties and ensure that instructions specified by technical consultants, contractors and manufacturers are adhered to.
To undertake Handy Person duties as directed by the Facilities Coordinator and or Operations Manager as outlined as below:
- Maintaining a key register and access codes of all building, room and office keys, this includes the Cockburn Centre.
- Maintaining the fabric of the Hamara Centre this includes, Painting and Decorating as required
- Joinery – first line maintenance of fixtures and fittings, examples: tightening screws on window hinges, maintenance on door handles, minor repairs as a temporary measure after break-ins, vandalism etc.
- Plumbing – unblocking sinks, traps and waste pipes.
- Internal Glazing – Remedial action after break-ins, for example boarding up windows.
- Maintaining the security of the building, ensuring doors lock and window locks are serviceable.
If you are interested in applying, please request an application form from email@example.com and return by email.
- Maintain the building premises ensuring they are safe and presentable
- To help maintain the security of the buildings and their contents.
- Be responsible for the opening and locking up of the buildings as necessary and be the key holder.
- Attend the building out of hours to deal with emergency situations as per the rota.
- To clean and test light fittings and to test lighting systems weekly replacing where necessary minor parts such as tubes, bulbs, fuse starters and diffusers in accordance with safe working practices.
- Porterage tasks as required including setting up and clearing away furniture.
- Be responsible for dealing with any hazards reported.
- To report emergencies in the case of faults with gas, electric or water supply to the Operations Manager.
- To maintain appropriate records including intruder alarm log book, repair orders, heating system records book and carry out meter readings for the building.
- To arrange to clear blockages, remove foreign matter for sinks, toilet, drains, kitchen grease traps etc.
- To attend and accompany, where necessary personnel visiting the site such as Contractors.
- To monitor and test as required fire alarms, emergency lights, fire extinguishers, water temperatures and boilers.
- To monitor stock levels of consumable items such as fuel, toiletries, cleaning materials, light bulbs and arrange to replenish supplies in accordance with current procedures.
- To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, other relevant legislation and Hamara HLC policies and to carry policies and to carry out weekly fire alarm test.
- To assist with the evacuation procedures if required.
- Ensure heating plant and equipment is efficiently and effectively operated, make adjustments as necessary and report defects and maintenance to the Operations Manager.
- To maintain a list of suitable contractor who can carry out work at Hamara HLC.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.