In our role as Local Trusted Organisation for the HAVA (Hawksworth Wood Abbeydale and Vespers Area) Big Local area, Cardigan Centre is looking to appoint a HAVA Project Communications Officer.
The successful applicant will be employed by Cardigan Centre and seconded to HAVA. You will be line managed and supported by the Community and Youth Manager of the Cardigan Centre and reporting to the HAVA board.
Aims of the post:To assist members of the HAVA Big Local Board in the delivery of information outlined in the HAVA Big Local Plan.
To support the development and implementation of the HAVA Big Local area plan through marketing and communications
Duties and tasks:
- Provide practical assistance to the HAVA board and volunteers in furthering the aims of the HAVA Big Local Plan
- Assist in the design, distribution and updating of publicity materials including the HAVA Big Local newsletter, and content for the HAVA website and other social media.
- Organise and facilitate 'external' meetings for the partnerships such as public/community meetings/forums, at least two a year.
- Ensure information the Partnership and the membership of its different action groups etc and their roles is made available to the community.
- Ensure the website is kept up to date with information on activities, minutes of meetings, financial reports etc.
- Ensure that the website is an easily accessible communication tool for everyone in the community.
Rate of pay: SCP 7, £19,554 Per annum pro rata.Hours of work: 9hrs per week. Variable working days, over two/three days.
- Engage and liaise with the community to gather and pass out information, both formally and informally.
If you:Have excellent organisational, written and interpersonal communication skills, are able to work in a flexible and adaptable way and willing to work within the ethos and values of the Cardigan Centre and the HAVA partnership and would like a challenge!