GIPSIL is a Leeds based voluntary organisation working with local communities and supporting young people to reach independence.
Are you interested in working with young people? This is an exciting opportunity for the successful applicant to Join GIPSIL’s Flagship and Archway Services to deliver housing support to young people across the city. As a support worker, you’ll make a real difference as you help and advise the young people we support and accommodate to achieve their potential.
As well as a basic understanding of tenancy support, the successful applicant must demonstrate some comprehension of the issues faced by young people. Although relevant experience is preferable, most important is that you’re able to engage with young people we work with. Flexible working would be required which may involve working out of office hours.
The main responsibilities of the post include:-
1. Input into and implement a support plan and the risk assessment
2. Support the young person with their resettlement options.
3. Prepare trainer flat for occupancy.
4. Accompany a young person to an appointment where directed (example house viewing, college, doctors etc.)
5. Supporting group activities or events where directed
6. To ensure accurate and timely record keeping on the systems used.
7. Support access to the services by taking a referral over the phone or face-to-face. 8. Be able to identify risk and where a serious incident or safeguarding has occurred and report as policy directs
9. Reaching out to young people to give information and gather feedback
10. Build Professional, supportive relationships with young people, introduce them to opportunities in their communities and assist or signpost them to relative services for training/education/employment.
FLAGSHIP is a Partnership between Foundation, Turning Lives Around (formerly Leeds Housing Concern) and GIPSIL: three organisations founded and based in Leeds, supporting vulnerable people. Between us we provide area-based housing-related support services to young people – including care leavers, teenage parents and young offenders – in the three ‘wedges’ of the city.
If you would like an application pack, please email email@example.com or call our HR team on 0113 2000853.
Please note that GIPSIL will not accept CV’s. No agencies.
If you would like more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Eileen Fox, (Team Leader) on 0113 391 8002
GIPSIL is committed to all aspects of safeguarding. We believe that all children and adults, who are at risk of harm, have the right to be protected from abuse. GIPSIL aims to ensure that all staff and voluntary workers who seek work at GIPSIL and who have access to children and adults are safe to do so.
- Deadline for applications: Friday 20th September 2019 12pm noon
- Shortlisting Date: 24th September 2019
- Interview Date: 3rd October 2019