MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:-
- To support the Operations Manager in line managing the project and family activity workers for the Raising Aspirations Project.
- To engage with workless families to offer motivational 1-2-1 and group support to improve readiness to move into employment, education or training.
- To offer day to day supervision to project workers and family activity workers.
- To accept referrals for and work on a whole family approach to make and maintain changes that will achieve the aims of the project.
- To operate in line with Health for All values showing commitment and a positive attitude to the post and Health for All objectives.
- To be responsible for, and provide regular supervision to, the project workers and family activity workers, ensuring that correct personnel procedures are followed.
- To draw up, plan and co-ordinate a programme of group activities and workshops for the project.
- To carry out group work and one to one work with families to set goals, complete personal action plans and support, motivate, encourage and enable them to work towards their goals.
- To work closely with workless families to help them identify their own barriers to employment and offer solution focussed support to overcome these barriers.
- To support project workers in delivering group work and employment workshops for the project including risk assessment, session plans and evaluation.
- To guide and support family activity workers in drawing up the session plans for the children’s activity sessions.
- To support administration staff with updating the database regularly with information gained from groups and face to face contacts.
- To ensure the Health and Safety of project workers and family activity workers in day to day work.
- To liaise with partners and referral agencies to ensure correct procedures are adhered to and any issues addressed.
- To support parents, carers and their families in their active involvement in the development of the service.
- To participate in regular supervision, appropriate training, team meetings, away days and take part in induction of other staff groups, offering on the job training where appropriate.
- To establish links and networks in the community to identify additional community and employment support for families in the CLLD catchment area.
- To ensure project workers and family activity workers are familiar with Health for All procedures and policies, and that they receive a proper induction.
- To work in a flexible manner to ensure maximum effectiveness of the post.
- To carry out the duties of the post with regard to Health for All’s Safeguarding Children’s policy, Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policy, Equal Opportunities, GDPR regulations and other policies.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as they may arise relevant to the post.