The Old Fire Station is a new community hub opened September 2017. Our aim is to run a thriving, welcoming centre in East Leeds where all are made to feel valued and safe whilst providing the opportunity to learn, develop and engage in positive activities. The refurbishment of the former Gipton Fire Station was funded by Leeds Community Foundation as a legacy to East Leeds via the generosity of the late Jimi Heselden. Gipsil are tenants at the centre and are contracted to employ The Old Fire Station team.
Purpose of the role
To support The Old Fire Station Management Team to provide excellent customer service out of hours. Providing a warm welcome to room bookers and event attendees, ensuring visitors needs are met. Prepare and clear rooms and facilities for events, meetings and activities.
Assist the promotion of The Old Fire Station. Ensuring the safety and security of The Old Fire Station, including opening and closing the building.
To ensure all public and WC areas are kept clean and well-stocked with relevant supplies, and to assist in maintaining grounds.
A typical working week would be 16.00 – 20.00 two evenings a week. Flexibility to work on a paid overtime rota system required, i.e. working approximately one extra weekend shift per fortnight.
As an Events Assistant some of the main responsibilities include: -
- Covering reception outside of standard opening hours; greeting customers, assisting visitors, providing telephone answering service
- Providing events support; making sure bookers requirements are met, problem solving any issues that arise, assisting with audio visual equipment
- Setting up furniture and equipment according to the customer’s room requirements. Clearing rooms after an event is completed and turning them round for the next booking
- Reception & bookings admin tasks; making, editing & cancelling bookings, processing card payments, responding to enquires face to face, by email and over the phone.
- Supporting the promotion of The Old Fire Station and its room hire facilities; mailouts, newsletters, social media
- Supporting cleaning staff with additional regular cleaning of all public areas, including; ensuring public and tenants’ WC areas are kept clean, well-stocked with relevant supplies and that appropriate sanitary collections take place; internal and external windows, maintenance of garden and grounds
If you wish to receive an application pack, please visit https://gipsil.org.uk/jobs, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our HR team on 0113 2000 857 to request a full application pack.
For further information about the above role, please contact Jess Woodall (Reception Manager) Jess@theoldfirestationgipton.org.uk
GIPSIL particularly welcomes applicants from BME communities.
Please note that GIPSIL does not accept CVs for this post
· Deadline for applications: 30/10/2019 @ 12:00 Noon
· Shortlisting Date: 31/10/2019
· Interview Date: 05/11/2019
GIPSIL is committed to all aspects of safeguarding. We believe that all children and adults, who are at risk of harm, have the right to be protected from abuse. GIPSIL aims to ensure that all staff and voluntary workers who seek work at GIPSIL and who have access to children and adults are safe to do so.
If you have not heard from us by 31st October, unfortunately this means you have not been successful in reaching the interview stage this time. We thank you for your application.