- To reduce the incidence of HIV infection in Wakefield
- To establish local community initiatives with People living with HIV, which explore needs in relation to social support and service provision and work towards meeting these needs.
Main Responsibilities (please refer to the job description and person specification on our website for more details)
- To work with Most At Risk Populations (MARPs) for HIV including Men who have Sex with Men, African communities, Commercial Sex Workers, and People Living With or Affected by HIV (PLWHIV) to improve access to advice, information and guidance around HIV Prevention and Support needs
- To deliver appropriate community based sexual health interventions including HIV point of care tests (POCT) to the target groups in community settings. To market these services and monitor and evaluate them. To work in partnership with appropriate agencies, to develop these services further.
- To deliver support and self-management interventions to People Living with HIV
- You will take the lead for working at the sex worker drop ins, People Living with HIV (PLWHIV) mum and baby group, LGBT Asylum Seekers Group and General PLWHIV peer support group.
- To offer information and sexual health resources including condoms and lube to MARPs in a variety of settings; including over the telephone, face to face and over internet.
- To develop forums, groups and events that meet the needs of MARPs and People Living with HIV.
- To ensure representation of the views of people living with HIV, and people affected by HIV, through Yorkshire MESMAC structures, including Board of Trustees and advisory groups of service users.
- To provide individual assessment, support and information to people living with HIV, including those with complex needs relating to asylum, immigration, sexuality, drugs, housing, family, mental health, and financial hardship, and to put in place appropriate services.