The E-News is sent out twice a month. Read the latest issue
|Closing date||30 September 2020|
|Organisation||Carers and Companions|
|Part time/ Full Time hours available|
|Salary||£10 per hour|
Community Carer, Ilkley
The primary purpose of the role is to be responsible for delivering high quality, person-centered care and support for clients to help them live as independently as possible in their own homes and the community.
Our clients include the elderly, those with learning/physical disabilities and other vulnerable people.
Core duties involve:
1. Enable clients to gain independence, increase confidence and promote rehabilitation with the following: care and hygiene, continence management, pressure sore prevention, medication support, monitoring diet and fluid intake, promoting diet and fluid intake, daily living and homecare tasks and assistance with finances.
2. To deliver care and support to clients on a day to day basis in line with agreed care packages and an understanding of their routines and preferences.
3. To maintain accurate, concise and timely records of client care, dietary and fluid monitoring records, medication records, time sheets and mileage sheets.
4. To liaise with other professionals e.g. G.Ps, District Nurses, Social Workers, Pharmacists, chiropodists, to support the delivery of appropriate care and support to clients.
5. To develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, family members, careers and/or friends involved in their daily lives, care and support
In return we offer payment per shift rather than by client, a permanent contract, £100 payment on completion of probation, payment for mileage incurred as well as full training and ongoing management support.
For more information or to apply for the role please visit the Carers and Companions website on https://carersandcompanions.co.uk/ or email email@example.com for more information.