LeedsACTS! is a partnership between the city's three universities and third sector organisations.
LeedsACTS! (Academic Collaboration with the Third Sector) is a unique partnership between Voluntary Action Leeds and the three Universities in Leeds: Leeds Beckett University, Leeds Trinity University and the University of Leeds. It builds relationships between researchers, charities, voluntary and community organisations to foster joint working for the benefit of the communities of Leeds. Leeds ACTS! represents a step change in collaboration between the third sector and the higher education sector in Leeds by being:
- a forum to build awareness of third sector priorities and higher education strengths to help meet them
- a bridge to bring third sector leaders and academics together and build working relationships
- help in finding expertise
LeedsACTS! hosts events to share knowledge and create opportunities for networking with the aim of inspiring future collaborations. To date over 250 people from the third sector and three universities have been to our events. See the links on this page for examples of our activities. We also have a small amount of seedcorn funding that supports new collaborations.
If you would like to suggest a theme for an event, know more about LeedsACTS! or a invite a member of the LeedsACTS! partnership group to come and talk about our work, please contact Sonja.Woodcock@leeds.val.org
Doing Things Differently at the Banqueting Suite, Civic Hall on 3 October 2016
Demystifying Data at Leeds ODI on 7 June 2016
Third Sector Infomatics (TSIP) Open Meeting at Weetwood Hall on 15 July 2015
The Community Vote: Seedcorn Funding at Hillside Centre on 9 June 2015
Infomatics Report Launch (TSIP) at Munro House on 10 December 2014
Food Now and in the Future at Hillside Centre on 15 November 2014
- Seedcorn funding will be available in the new year to support new third sector-academic collaborations — keep watching these pages or contact Sonja.Woodcock@val.org.uk
- LeedsACTS! hosted "The Community Vote" in June 2015 which supported new collaborative projects. You can read about these seedcorn projects and how these helped drive the potential for future collaborations.
- Please follow this link to see a video about a 2014 Seedcorn funding collaboration between Canal Connections and Leeds Beckett University https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbcZlVG-a_E
The Third Sector Informatics Project (TSIP)
Are you looking for a research partner, student volunteers, placement students or some other form of introduction to the universities?
The University Contacts page provides further information and points of contact for each of the universities.
(PDF, 208.6 KB)Download
(PDF, 560.4 KB)Download
(PDF, 665.1 KB)Download
(DOCX, 54 KB)Download