The E-News is sent out twice a month. Read the latest issue
Common sense and good knowledge of your organisation are good starting points for your marketing.
Marketing is often broken into seven component parts - known as the 7Ps - that combine to help an organisation achieve its marketing needs.
The 7Ps are:
- Product | What is your offer or service? consider the features and the benefits
- Price | This could be in terms of money, but in third sector could also be time or resources
- Place | Where is your offer or service available from?
- Promotion | How and where are you communicating about your offer or service?
- People | The people in your organisation (board, staff and volunteers) can play a key role in word-of-mouth marketing and are part of your brand
- Processes | How do you monitor your success, do you have processes in place?
- Physical evidence | What can you give people so they remember your organisation? Do you have any testimonials about your offer or service?
Plan your marketing
Developing an effective marketing strategy can make your organisation stand out from the crowd.
- Do you know who your customers are?
- Who can benefit from what you do?
- How do you promote your organisation?
- Have you done your market research?
Understanding your market
Identifying your target audience is crucial and assists you to decide on the best route to contact them and what to say to them to persuade them to buy from you. You will need to profile your potential audience – who they are and where they are.
Don’t forget – your audience may not necessarily be the end users of your service.
Choose a marketing medium
You need to research and then plan how you will get your message across to your audience, look at the various options and set budgets, targets and review dates.
These can include:
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter, Linked In
- Advertising – newspapers, magazines, TV, radio - local, regional, national
- Letters or phone calls
What's your message
What are you going to say to your prospective customers? Are you communicating how you can meet their needs?
Help with marketing
If you are looking for help with your marketing plans See Ahead offer support to social enterprises