Voluntary Action Leeds and the West Yorkshire Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner are looking for suitably experienced people to join the Third Sector Advisory Group
The term “third sector” is taken to include voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise based organisations. The group was established in June 2013, and has been meeting regularly since then. It is currently supported by a full time secondment from VAL to the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner.
Purpose of advisory group
The purpose of the advisory group is:
- To support the sector’s representative on the PCC’s Partnership Executive
- To support and assist the PCC’s Third Sector Adviser
- To advise on issues from a sector perspective
- To advise on the sector’s role in delivery including collaboration, commissioning and grants
- To promote a thriving third sector in West Yorkshire maximising its contribution to the outcomes of the Police and Crime Plan
- To advise on a programme of work to inform the sector in West Yorkshire about the work of the PCC and his office and provide opportunities to influence it
The positions are essentially unpaid and voluntary in nature, but reasonable out of pocket expenses, for example, travel within West Yorkshire can be met.
The term of office will initially be for one year, but may be renewable annually up to the next PCC elections in May 2016. The closing date for expressions of interest is Monday 7 July.
Members of the group will be expected to:
- Attend six meetings of the advisory group per year
- Assist with an annual conference open to the wider sector to report on its work
- Comment at short notice on agendas and papers for the Partnership Executive, and suggest items for inclusion on future agendas
- Share information and seek views from relevant third networks
- Generally be willing to contribute to the work of the group
VAL and the PCC will be seeking to balance the group across the geography of West Yorkshire; experience of or involvement with minority or marginalised groups; and community safety specialisms and related areas of interest e.g. drugs and alcohol treatment, domestic abuse and sexual violence, mental health, victims services, reducing re-offending, community engagement, prevention and early intervention.
The existing group has gaps in relation to Wakefield and Kirklees; and in respect of some minority or marginalised groups.
If you are willing to volunteer for the Advisory Group, please return an expression of interest on the form below setting out how you meet the identified criteria.
Expressions of interest should be no more than two sides of A4, 11 point. If you need any additional support or assistance in completing the form please contact us. Expressions of interest not submitted on this form will not be accepted. They should be sent by email to David Smith firstname.lastname@example.org .
The closing date is Monday 7 July.
For an informal conversation and any questions about this please contact David Smith on 01924 294037 or 07595 006087. Further information about the PCC, the Police and Crime Plan, and the work of the Office of the PCC is available at www.westyorkshire-pcc.gov.uk.
(DOCX, 17.4 KB)Download