24 March 2015
Free sessions - 'Recycling in Leeds' training packageThe council currently disposes of around 142,000 tonnes of waste to landfill every year. The cost of landfill is significantly more than recycling both in monetary terms and also the effects which it has on our environment. If we are to reach our goal of recycling 55% of the city’s waste by 2016 we need to work together to spread the message to all Leeds’ residents about the importance of recycling.
To help us achieve this we have developed a ‘Recycling in Leeds’ training package.
Each two hour session is designed to equip you with realistic and practical strategies to encourage Leeds residents to improve their recycling rates.
All sessions are free and cover the following topics: ·
* Which materials can be recycled in the green bin and which can be taken to Household Waste Recycling Sites for recycling, as well as the other services/facilities available to help residents manage their waste correctly. ·
* The importance of high quality recycling (i.e. to reduce levels of green bin contamination). ·
* Recognise that everybody has a responsibility to manage their waste correctly. ·
* Why we are rolling out Alternate Weekly Collections across the city. ·
* Refuse Collection Operational Policies (in particular one bin per property only, no side waste and contamination policies)
We would really appreciate your support through attending the courses which will be run on various dates in March and April 2015.
If you are interested in attending please send though your name and email address along with the date/time of the session which you would like to attend (see table below) to firstname.lastname@example.org