An opportunity to inform and enhance your public health skills and competencies, in order to better understand and deliver the challenging public health agenda.
This course has been designed to build on and enhance existing practice in tackling health inequalities and improving health and wellbeing within the Leeds population.
The course will run for half a day, once a month, over an eight-month period and participants are expected to attend a minimum of six out of seven workshops plus the Masterclass (a demonstration of learning) to receive a completion certificate. The dates and topics for the next round of training are:
- 21 September 2016 - Public Health: Past, present and future
- 11 October 2016 - Partnership working
- 16 November 2016 How to understand and interpret data
- 14 December 2016 - Working with communities
- 18 January 2017 - How to effect change
- 22 February 2017 - How to measure outcomes
- 22 March 2017 - Increasing effectiveness
- 19 April 2017 - Masterclass – A celebration of participants’ learning