Third Sector Leeds Goes Local are events/workshops that take place in each of the three areas of Leeds; East North East, West North West and South East.
The main theme for these workshops will be Poverty and Austerity in the City. We will look at what the current issues are, the impact on provision and identify any new activity supporting local communities.
East North East | Thurs 16 June | 1.30pm – 4.30pm | The Vinery Centre | Book now
West North West | Mon 20 June | 1.30pm – 4.30pm | St Matthias Centre | Book now
South East | Wed 22 June | 9.45am – 12.15pm | South Leeds Youth Hub | Book now
In the past conversations have included, community resilience, inclusion, the environment, health and wellbeing and more recently Domestic Abuse.
During March there was a citywide workshop about how the third sector is helping to tackle poverty in Leeds and what TSL (and others) could do to help individual third sector groups do more. Those who attended were clear that there needed to be a more local discussion with groups working in neighbourhoods which then resulted in a clear set of actions that can be shared. We want to have these conversations as soon as possible so you are invited to attend one (or more) of the next Third Sector Leeds (TSL) Goes Local events.
The aims of TSL Goes Local are to:
- Make better use of existing partnership arrangements at the area and city wide level
- Improve networking and collaboration within the third sector
- Identify challenges facing communities in the three area localities that could be tackled most effectively by strengthening partnership work between the statutory and third sector.
- To enable Partners to access expertise in the sector more easily
- To increase communication between partners, councillors and the third sector, especially activity not directly supported by existing arrangements.
- To enable meaningful consultation and involvement from the sector in key local developments.
For more information please email email@example.com
Please use the booking links above to reserve a place.
The full agenda with timings will be sent out to those who have booked to attend closer to the day.