30 August 2016
A local community development charity in Woodhouse, Leeds, whose purpose is to help people and communities flourish has a vacancy for a Treasurer on the Board of Trustees.Would you like to use your skills and experience effectively to help us learn, grow and develop? All within our unique flat management structure with active engagement in strategic collectives using consensus decision making?
We are particularly interested in those who have financial skills and experience at the moment, to fill our role of Treasurer.
We can offer the right people the chance to improve their leadership skills, career prospects, develop new skills and really make a difference in our community. We have specialist places available on our Board of Directors and may be able to offer you a chance to sit on our board if you can offer us your time to help us learn and grow over the next two years. We are specifically looking for people who can offer us any of these experiences:
- Currently living in Woodhouse
- Coming from our BME communities
- Under 25 years old
- Over 65 years old
- Being a disabled person
- Use of consensus decision making
- Support and ensure the implementation of the strategic plan
- Safeguard the flat structure and consensus decision making processes
- Ensure legal compliance and good governance
- Advocate and advertise Oblong and the work we do
- Actively participate in the collectives that need your skills and experience
- Attend annual away days