This is a FREE 8 session training programme which provides an opportunity to inform and enhance your public health skills and competencies.
We are now accepting expressions of interest to attend the next Advanced Health and Wellbeing Training Programme, commencing 12 January 2017. This course has been designed to build on and enhance existing practice in tackling health inequalities and improving health and wellbeing within the Leeds population. The course will run for half a day, once a month, over an eight-month period and participants are expected to attend a minimum of six out of seven workshops plus the Masterclass (a demonstration of learning) to receive a completion certificate.
The dates and topics for the next round of training are:
- 12 January 2017 - Public Health: Past, present and future
- 09 February 2017 - Partnership working
- 16 March 2017 - How to understand and interpret data
- 20 April 2017 - Working with communities
- 25 May 2017 - How to effect change
- 22 June 2017 - How to measure outcomes
- 20 July 2017 - Increasing effectiveness
- 07 September 2017 - Masterclass – A celebration of participants’ learning
If you would like to submit an expression of interest please email your name, job title, email address, telephone number, and a brief paragraph about why you wish to attend the programme and what you hope to gain from it to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for applications is 18 November 2016 and all applicants will be contacted shortly afterwards to confirm whether or not they have been allocated a place.