9 November 2016
On 9 September 2016, the LeedsACTS! Partnership Group met and the following are the main points from the meeting.Doing Things Differently #DTDLeeds
The Doing Things Differently event is scheduled for 3 October at Civic Hall. This is a joint event between the Leeds Third Sector Partnership and LeedsACTS! DTD is the first of a programme of events and workshops – creating space for conversations that can generate solutions and lead to actions and a culture shift that helps Leeds to deliver on its ambitions.
Examples of projects in Leeds that are Doing Things Differently:
- Gipton Fire Station – a partnership approach to deliver local services and take on a redundant asset
- Leeds Community Homes – a new model for securing investment to develop community housing initiatives to meet local needs
- Neighbourhood Networks – models of community led service delivery, applying the Asset-Based Community Development approach
- Universities – an example of a new way of working with other sectors
- Strong Communities Benefiting from a Strong City – early thinking from the new Breakthrough Project
- Growing Better CIC: trading to generate a sustainable income stream using the transfer of a redundant asset
- Health – The benefits of Social Prescribing
- Lankelly Chase: a model for integrated response to individual and family issues, requiring a new approach from Commissioners
It was fed back that one of participating groups in the last round felt the process was too onerous, which started the debate – do we have an event?
After discussion it was agreed that we would not do an event this year, but have an open call for applications. It was suggested that the process be clarified and that LeedsACTS is able to offer support with finding both academic and community partners. Updates on the process will be available soon.
Events Following on from DTD event, there will be an event to address issues affecting housing. This event will be held in November.
Date of Next Meeting Wednesday 9 November 2016 10:00 -12:00 in the University of Leeds, Michael Sadler Building, Room LG 16
For more information about LeedsACTS!, contact Sonja.email@example.com