If you are from a third sector organisation in Leeds and would be interested in improving and sharing your skills and knowledge in funding and fundraising, come along to this free event on 16 March 2017 at Stringer House.
When: Thursday 16 March at 10am to 1pm
Where: Stringer House, 34 Lupton Street, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 2QW
While funding and fundraising is important to every third sector organisation, the skills and knowledge needed to do it effectively are not so evenly spread.
For this reason, the Funding Support Service at Voluntary Action Leeds (VAL) is running an initial meeting on 16 March at Stringer House to encourage third sector organisations across the city to share their funding skills and experience with each other, with a view to potentially establishing a city-wide Funding Support Network.
The idea would be to improve the skills of people from third sector organisations who have responsibility for raising funds and writing bids, but whose main role is not fundraising – i.e. committee members, trustees, other volunteers and staff employed in other roles.
We hope to encourage people to co-operatively share ideas and information (both face-to-face and online) about all levels of funding, from bun sales to large partnerships! In particular, this could be a place where people from smaller groups can find funding support that might not otherwise be available to them, and where experienced fundraisers could offer their skills and experience to others.
Examples of the kind of things that could be shared include:
- Knowledge: of ways of fundraising, funding opportunities and resources
- Experience: of how new groups can start to approach fundraising
- Skills: provide support and feedback on other groups’ funding bids
- Resources: volunteers, equipment and shared events
- New opportunities: joint bids, partnerships and consortia
- Anything else groups might like to get out of such a Network, and how! You are welcome to let us know your thoughts before the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope this Event will be of value to people from all types of third sector organisations in Leeds. To attend, please register here
(PDF, 383.8 KB)Download