The University of Leeds are looking for volunteers to join the NoHoW study testing how state of the art technology can help people maintain weight loss.To volunteer for the study you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have lost 5% or more of your body weight in the last year and still remain 5% below your highest weight
- Have had a BMI of 25 + in the last year
- Have access to a smartphone, tablet or computer with Wi-Fi access at home.
- Be able to travel to the University of Leeds
- Use a Fitbit activity monitor and a new web based toolkit specially designed to support long term weight loss for a period of 18 months
- Weigh yourself using Fitbit scales at least twice a week for 18 months
- Come to the University of Leeds for a screening visit and then 6, 12 and 18 months later for visits lasting between 2 to 4 hours
- Complete web based questionnaires on your motivation, eating behavior, emotions and wellbeing
- Have a range of fasting measures taken such as height, weight, waist hip ratio, blood pressure, body composition. There is also the option to provide blood and hair samples for additional lipid, glucose and hormone testing
All volunteers will receive a FREE Fitbit Charge 2 and a FREE set of Fitbit Aria wireless weighing scales(Worth approximately £200) and an e-book containing all toolkit components. These devices will be required to be returned if you choose to exit the study before 12 months to allow others to volunteer.
Interested in volunteering?
If you are interested or want to find out more information please visit our website where you can complete our online eligibility form
Alternatively contact Dr Sarah Scott. Tel: 0113 3430622, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Professor James Stubbs, Email: email@example.com