30 May 2017
At midday on Wednesday 21st June 2017, the OneFamily Foundation will open the Community Awards for local schemes, projects and initiatives to gain funding of up to £25,000.If you know, volunteer or work with a local project that’s trying to do something amazing for the people in your community, now’s your chance to give it a financial boost.
Who can apply?
You’ll need to be an OneFamily customer to nominate a project for a Community Award, but don’t worry if you’re not – OneFamily has over 2 million customers, so you can get involved by finding a one who can nominate a project on your behalf.
Ask your friends, family and colleagues if they are customers and if they’d be able to get behind your project.
Nominating a project (21st June – 19th July 2017)
Each project can apply for one of three funding levels:
- Up to £5,000
- Up to £10,000
- Up to £25,000
- Health, Disability & Social Care – Projects that help people with mental health problems, learning or physical disabilities or those in respite care
- Lifelong Learning – Projects that encourage people of all ages to learn something new and develop their skills
- Active Living – Projects that help people of all ages to enjoy a fitter, happier lifestyle
- Community Groups – Projects that help to make a positive difference for those in the community
The OneFamily Foundation has also provided a guide to help you making your project nomination. Take a look.
The public vote (9th August – 6th September 2017)
The winners in each category, per funding level, will be determined by a public vote, with those projects with the most votes claiming funding.
All winners will be announced on Wednesday 20th September 2017.
Key dates 2017
- Nominations open (21st June 2017, midday)
- Nominations close (19th July 2017, midday)
- Voting opens (9th August 2017, midday)
- Voting closes (6th September 2017, midday)
- Winners announced (20th September 2017)