Introduction to Working Together to Safeguard Children and Young People is for those staff whose work brings them into contact with children and families and adults who are parents or carers.
All sessions are free of charge and will take place at: Shine Business Centre, Harehills Road, Leeds LS8 5HS
A four hour introductory training for people who may have the ability to identify levels of vulnerability of children and young people, or who are in regular contact with children and young people either directly, through work with their families / carers or through the setting in which they work.
By the end of the course, participants will have an awareness of:
- Child abuse and neglect including signs and indicators
- The impact of abuse on child development
- What to do in response to concerns
- The Leeds approach to early help Interagency working to identify, assess and meet the needs of children where there are safeguarding concerns
- Local learning from serious case reviews
This course is only available to third and private sector agencies that are unable to offer their own in-house introductory training. For further Information on the Introduction to Working Together please visit www.leedslscb.org.uk To book a place go online: https://www.leedslscb.org.uk/Practitioners/training/Intro-to-safeguarding and complete the online booking form