27 July 2017
Giving Time is looking to expand its outreach sessions and meet people with criminal convictions interested in volunteering. Would you be interested in hosting our service? If so, read on.Giving Time is looking to expand its outreach sessions and meet people with criminal convictions interested in volunteering. Would you be interested in hosting our service? If so, read on.
Volunteering can be a wonderful way to change your life and grow into the person that you want to be. However, sometimes a criminal record can hold people back or finding the right placement can be challenging. Giving Time is a project run by Voluntary Action Leeds that offers specialised support to match a person's criminal record and interests with volunteering roles available in Leeds.
How does it work?
- Giving Time Support Worker attends your group or activity and complete our registration form with interested clients.
- Clients are offered one-to-one appointments, tailored to the needs of each individual at the Volunteer Centre.
- Giving Time works hard to remove barriers and create opportunities but it’s the service user’s responsibility to make volunteering happen in their lives, with your support they can be even more successful!
- Depending on the nature of convictions, the Support Worker may require the approval from probation before sharing full details of the volunteering role.
- Giving Time maintain confidentiality and will store all details within the boundaries of our data protection policy.
- Read more on how to register
If you are interested in hosting Giving Time contact Fra on email@example.com or 0113 297 7920 and discuss details.