20 November 2017
Got an exciting idea for a project that brings people together through activities that help connect their community and celebrate UK native wild flowers, plants and/or fungi? Then read on...Applications are now open for Grow Wild's 2018 Community Project funding!
Grow Wild is the UK’s biggest-ever wild flower campaign, bringing people together to transform local spaces with native, pollinator-friendly wild flowers and plants.
What is it we’re looking for?
Grow Wild is awarding funding of £2,000 or £4,000 to groups and projects that:
• Stand out from the crowd: listen to your beneficiaries – be creative together, try something new that reaches new audiences.
• Focus on UK native wild flowers, plants and/or fungi, highlighting the importance of these species for the environment, and for quality of life.
• Will engage one or more of these groups:
o Young people aged 12-18
o Students and young people aged 18-25
o People living in urban areas
o People experiencing hardship and reduced access to services
o Adults that are less engaged with their community and environmental activities
• Will encourage large scale community involvement, ideally in the hundreds!
• Will deliver the project in a space or location that is accessible to the general public i.e. is not in a restricted or controlled area
Download the guidance document for everything you need to know about the process of applying for Grow Wild community project funding. You will need to contact your local Grow Wild Engagement Manager to discuss your proposal and request the online application form. For northern England this is Ben Fisher (email@example.com).
Applications must be submitted by midday on 15 January 2018.