16 January 2018
This year Dying Matters Week will run from 14 – 20 May 2018. Organisations are invited to apply for a Dying Matters Leeds Community Grant of up to £200 to deliver an event in their local community.
Possible eventsWe are inviting organisations and groups to apply for funding to run an event, which may link to or be inspired by the above themes. A Dying Matters Leeds Awareness Week event can be large, small or anywhere in-between. To give you inspiration, below is a small selection of possible events.
- A coffee morning, with Dying Matters Leeds resources on display
- A display featuring a tree of life graphic on which members of the public could post notes about improving services relating to death and dying
- A series of Death Cafes
- An afternoon of activities, including the screening of Dying Matters films and talks from local bereavement associations and funeral directors
- A Dying Matters photography competition
- A reminiscence session using memory boxes provided by the local museum