The South Leeds Community Led Local Development Local Action Group are seeking members from the third, public and private sectors.
South Leeds CLLD Local Action Group (LAG) applications has been approved for Community Led Local Development (CLLD) funding in our area. The Launch Events were successful and the first calls have been released.
We are urgently seeking members from the third, public and Private sectors. The key quality that new LAG members should be able to demonstrate is a genuine enthusiasm & dedication to improving lives and to working hard for South Leeds. This exciting opportunity is a working role and will involve a consistent commitment of time to supporting the work of the Local Action Group.
The South Leeds Local Development Strategy focuses on issues such as:
- Interventions which support workless families
- Interventions which support people with disabilities
- Interventions which support sex workers into alternative employments
This fund will also support business growth, assist potential entrepreneurs and increase employments in enterprises (including social enterprises).
Membership of the LAG is a significant investment in the local community. Members will be expected to:
- attend a two hour meeting every six weeks plus occasional sub group meetings which will be through the week from 10:30-12:30
- undertake training to enable them to implement the programme and make effective decisions
- contribute to the development of strategies and plans of the LAG
Skills & Experience
As a LAG member, you will be able to demonstrate your experience, skills and knowledge in some or all of the following areas:
- Experience in planning and delivering similar programmes of this nature
- Ability to engage with colleagues and stakeholders to generate commitment to goals and ensure delivery
- An understanding of what is important when deciding how to spend money and gain a return on the investment
- Experience of active involvement in community projects
- Understanding of managing organisational and financial performance
- Understanding of managing risk
- Openness to change and managing change
- Values equality and diversity
- Marketing media and communications
- 2 Third Sector Representatives
- 1 Public Sector Representative (Leeds City Council is already represented)
- 3 Private Sector Representatives
If you wish to apply to become a LAG member please contact: Oliver Taylor, CLLD Programme Support Officer, CLLD Programme Team, Leeds City Council, Dewsbury Road Hub, 190 Dewsbury Road, Leeds LS11 6PF Tel: 0113 37 89953 Email: Oliver.Taylor@leeds.gov.uk
If you have any questions about the CLLD funding please contact Brendan Tannam: Tel: 07712215824 Email: Brendan.firstname.lastname@example.org