30 September 2019
The 2019 celebration of International Day of Older Persons in Leeds takes place from 29 September - 20 October (with an additional event on 1 November).The theme for IDOP Leeds 2019 is Age Friendly Leeds.
An Age-Friendly City:
- enables people of all ages to actively participate in community activities and treats everyone with respect, regardless of their age
- is a place that makes it easy for older people to stay connected to people that are important to them
- helps people stay healthy and active even at the oldest ages
provides appropriate support to those who need it.
The celebrations will include:
- A photo exhibition and 2020 calendar at Middleton Elderly Aid
- A crafty Cafe at Morley Library
- A 'graduation event' for 30 members of Bramley Elderly Action