Could you benefit from a Law student working with you five weeks, unpaid and full time for your organisation?
Do you need an extra pair of hands supporting with Housing, Property, Immigration, Community Care or Family law issues? Leeds Trinity University runs six-week professional placements where students work full time, unpaid, either on a specific project or as general support to the work of an organisation as part of their degree. Placements are an embedded and accredited part of every degree and help students gain degree relevant experience to secure graduate employment. 62% of our students continue to work or volunteer with their placement provider and so it is a great way to try out a potential candidate for a role.
Work could include:
- writing first document drafts and proofreading documents
- analysing and inputting data, writing articles for internal or external circulation
- organising case files, attending court inquests, transcribing legal opinion and compile litigation bundles
- networking with clients and building valuable relationships
- writing reports, conducting legal research, taking statements and attending meetings with experts or claimants
- carrying out office administration work, including writing letters
- organising diaries, scheduling meetings and responding to telephone queries
What you need to do?
Leeds Trinity University would just ask that you plan some work for the student to do, supervise the student as you would any staff, build in some skills progression where possible and take part in a brief online assessment at the end of the placement. Doesn’t matter if you don’t have a permanently free desk! Students can be flexible and work some of the time with you, at other sites, from home or university, and meet with you regularly for progress updates. The next placement period for this academic year is: April - June If you’re interested and want to know more please contact Mubina Ahmed, Professional Placements Manager on 0113 283 7266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the next steps.